Every time we have a dental pain or swelling or any problem regarding our teeth and gums, we always look for a dentist who can treat us and help us get rid of our problems. But finding good dentists is in itself a big take of responsibility. It takes a lot of homework before you finalize on any one dentist and choose him for the rest of your family too. Let us see what those questions are which could be asked from a dentist before choosing him for the dental treatments.
1. Ask for his qualification and experience. Many a times, the qualification a dentist possess is way too impressive but when it comes to experience in the work field, he is not very well versed with different types of cases and is not very well experienced. Also look for the dentist whose qualification matches your dental purpose. Dentistry has 8 branches overall. Among which 6 are clinical branches. You have to choose the dentist according to what dental ailment you are suffering from.
2. Ask the dentist whether he is associated with any charity organizations or does he participate in any country’s good intention programs like conducting free dental check-ups etc. A dentist who is involved in such charitable works is always a kind hearted and a good person who can be looked forward to going as patients In future.
3. Ask the dentist about his staff and his environment. All these questions might seem trivial and without any importance, but the truth is that a good and humble staff is a strong pillar of any good dental practice. A patient who enters a dental clinic doesn’t see the dentist first but his staff. If you are not greeted politely and talked through humbly and in a compassionate way, there are quite less chances of building belief and trust in the dentist. A patient already in pain and anxiety is not ready for rude behavior at all.
4. Ask the dentist whether he follows a proper protocol of sterilization in his dental office. Since dental treatment involves certain amount of saliva and blood exposures, it is quite likely that infection and contamination will take place if a systematic sterilization in a prescribed sterilization tools is not done. Sterilization of each instruments and equipment used in a case is very essential and crucial if looked at the health perspective.
5. Visit the dentist to look for the cleanliness and neatness of the dental office. See whether latest magazines are kept in the waiting room. By doing so, you would get an idea of the dentist using latest equipment and instruments in his dental procedures too. Clean curtains and neatly laid reception papers and necessary stationary in the reception area are a mirror of how meticulously the staff works to maintain their office.
6. Lastly ask the dentist if he is associated with any dental insurance company. It becomes quite easy for patients as well as their families.